Hike to Everest Base Camp
When to Go
April/May or October/November
Our expeditions to Everest Base Camp (EBC) are so much more than a hike in the Himalayas. With Best Life Adventures, your journey to the roof of the world will be one of cultural immersion, deep insight and connection with this awe-inspiring landscape.
We lead two seasons of expeditions to Everest Base Camp: March-April and September-October. As part of our commitment to supporting various charities, we run these journeys as ‘extreme fundraisers’. We also operate private VIP expeditions to EBC for corporate groups, families and beyond.
Best Life Adventures have a 100% success rate for getting our clients to Everest Base Camp. We also invite children aged 14+ to join us on our expeditions to the world’s highest mountain.
Following the success of our 2019 expeditions, we have revised and improved our EBC itinerary to take you places other bog-standard trekking and travel companies don’t even know about! We give you a seriously unique adventure in the Himalayas that includes glacial lake swimming, overnight accommodation at a research station inside a glass pyramid, a local Nepali cooking class, and the best traditional Japanese Shiatsu massage you can find.
Plus, if you trek with us in the spring season (March/April), you get to overnight at Everest Base Camp with the summit teams rather than stay at Gorek Shep. This is something no other trekking company offers.
We make a donation to the Australian Himalayan Foundation, on behalf of everyone who books a trek with us, to help improve living standards in the Himal region through better education and training, improved health services and environmental sustainability.
|DAY 1||Group welcome. Optional Half Day Cultural Tour – US$50 PP. Nepalese Cultural Dinner.|
|DAY 2||Fly to Lukla (2804m). Trek 8km to Phakding (2610m).|
|DAY 3||Trek 12km to Namche Bazaar (3340m).|
|DAY 4||Acclimatisation return walk. Rest and cultural excursions in Namche.|
|DAY 5||Trek 10km to Tengbouche (3860m).|
|DAY 6||Trek 12km to Dingbuche (4410m ).|
|DAY 7||Rest and acclimatisation day in Dingbuche.|
|DAY 8||Trek 12km to Lobuche (5050m).|
|DAY 9||Trek to Gorek Shep (5170m). Ascend Kalapathar for sunset (5545m) and return to Gorek Shep (total trek is 11km).|
|DAY 10||Trek 16km to Everest Base Camp (5365m) and Pheriche (4250m).|
|DAY 11||Trek 12km from Pheriche to Namche (4410m).|
|DAY 12||Trek 21km down to Lukla.|
|DAY 13||Fly to Kathmandu.|
|DAY 14||Best Life Adventures expedition ends.|
|This itinerary is subject to change (HHH event will include an overnight at EBC).|
EXTRAORDINARY EXTRAS (Available in April)
Explore & Sleep Above the Clouds (+ $1200 AUD)
- Two night’s accommodation at Everest Base Camp
- Helicopter flight from EBC to Lukla (avoid return hike)
Experience what it’s like to stay at Everest Base Camp alongside expeditions preparing to summit Mt Everest. Dine under the stars, hear stories from Sherpa mountaineers and wake up in one of the coolest places on earth. You’ll also have the chance to walk to the bottom of the infamous Khumbu Icefall. To complete your epic journey, take to the skies in a private helicopter and fly over the stunning route you’ve trekked. Arrive and overnight in Lukla before departing for Kathmandu the next day. This option is the same duration as the standard trek.
Ultimate EBC Trek & Wind-Down (+ $1800 AUD)
- One night’s accommodation at Everest Base Camp
- Helicopter flight from EBC to Lukla
- Two nights luxury accommodation at Gorkana Forest Resort
After staying at Everest Base Camp for a night to soak up the majesty of the Khumbu Glacier, take to the skies with a private helicopter flight back to Lukla for an overnight stay, before returning to Kathmandu. After the exertion of the last week trekking, you’ll be pampered, massaged and brought back life in the salubrious surroundings of Gorkana Forest Retreat for the next two days. With an indoor pool, 18-hole golf course, luxury spa and yoga retreat you’ll be back in perfect condition in no time at all. This option is the same duration as the standard trek.
- Airport collection and drop off in Kathmandu
- Two nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Return airfare and taxes from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Teahouse accommodation during the Everest Trek with private twin share accommodation including all meals
- Responsible porter service (one porter per trekker)
- Certified trekking guide, wilderness first aid, certified group leader, assistant guide and chef
- Medical first aid, oxygen and mask
- Conservation fees and TIMS permits for Everest Base Camp
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu with Nepalese cultural program
- Airfare to and from Event, and any additional helicopter transport in case of inclement weather
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional personal expenses including visa and passport fees
- Tips for guides and porters (approx. $150US)
- Additional accommodation and associated costs before or after the Event
- Specialist/specific personal gear and equipment suitable for the Event
- Additional sightseeing trips i.e. the Cultural Tour we offer
- Meals, other than those specified above
- Fines or penalties incurred during the Event
- Medical and associated costs including medical evacuation
- Legal costs incurred during the Event
- Check out this suggested packing list for EBC from our friends at Wild Earth