Ride the World’s Highest Road (Bicycle)
When to Go
July 2020 dates TBC
The Manali to Leh Highway is not just the World’s Highest Road, it’s also the most beautiful place on earth – a big call, we know. This high-altitude course is like a playground for the gods; ever-changing, yet eternally spectacular.
The journey from Manali to Leh is truly thrilling, with the ‘highway to heaven’ being dubbed one of the most challenging roads in the world. Water-crossings, hairpin bends, dusty dirt tracks, knuckle-biting drop-offs and snowfall are just the beginning. The experience is equal parts character-building and awe-inspiring.
|DAY 1||Private bus transfer from Delhi to Manali (14hr trip).
Overnight in a luxury hotel.
|DAY 2||Expedition briefing and bike collection. Short familiarisation ride
from Manali to Solang-Naggar and back. Overnight in a luxury hotel.
|DAY 3||Cycle 42km from Manali to Marhi. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 4||Cycle 78km from Marhi to the Rohtang Pass, Grampu Khoksar, Sissu and Tandi. Overnight in a hotel.|
|DAY 5||Cycle 48km from Tandi to Jispa and Patseo. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 6||Cycle 58km from Patseo to Baralacha La Pass, Bharatpur and Sarchu. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 7||Acclimatisation day in Sarchu. Explore the area by foot. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 8||Cycle 56km from Sarchu to Gata Loops, Nakeela Pass and Whisky Nullah. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 9||Cycle 82km from Whisky Nullah to Lachalang La, Pang, Moray Plains and Tsoksar Lake. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 10||Cycle 60km from Tsoksar Lake to Tanglang La Rumptse. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 11||Cycle 80km from Rumptse to Upshi and Leh. Overnight at a luxury hotel.|
|DAY 12||Acclimatisation day in Leh. Explore the local area by foot. Overnight at luxury hotel.|
|DAY 13||Return 39km cycle from Leh to the Khardung La Pass. Overnight in Leh at luxury hotel. *Best Life Adventure Ends*|
|DAY 14||Hotel checkout. Shuttle to Leh airport. Flights and additional accommodation at your arrangement.|
|This itinerary is subject to change.|
- Private bus journey from Delhi to Manali (start of tour)
- Hire of Scott 27.5er or Trek 4500 26er for expedition
- A complete support team (including Ben Southall – Expedition Leader, guide, driver, cook, mechanic and helpers)
- SUV/Mini Bus support vehicle (backup vehicle for fatigued riders and their bikes)
- All accommodation as listed in the ‘quick itinerary’ (twin share hotels and 2 people per 3-man tent when camping unless you are happy to pay extra for a private room)
- Kitchen tent, dining tent, sleeping bags, and access to charging facilities during tour
- All main meals, snacks and filtered water from the morning of the 13th August until the morning of the 25th of August (inclusive)
- Inner Line Permits and entrance fees
- Private bus service from Delhi – Manali (fixed departure time/day)
- Expedition photos
- Expedition T-shirt and hoodie
- International flights, and domestic flight from Leh – Delhi
- Travel Insurance and Visa
- Personal expenses/souvenirs/shopping/tips for the staff
- Additional meals in restaurants, cafes etc, private entrance to museums and sights
- Bike rental if you choose to ride on extra days
- Any cost to repair damages done to your bike apart from basic wear and tear