Ride the World’s Highest Road (Bicycle)
When to Go
29 July – 11 August 2020
The Manali to Leh Highway is not just the World’s Highest Road, it’s also the most beautiful place on earth – a big call, we know. This high-altitude course is like a playground for the gods; ever-changing, yet eternally spectacular.
The journey from Manali to Leh is truly thrilling, with the ‘highway to heaven’ being dubbed one of the most challenging roads in the world. Water-crossings, hairpin bends, dusty dirt tracks, knuckle-biting drop-offs and snowfall are just the beginning. The experience is equal parts character-building and awe-inspiring.
|DAY 1||Private bus transfer from Delhi to Manali (14hr trip).
Overnight in a luxury hotel.
|DAY 2||Expedition briefing and bike collection. Short familiarisation ride
from Manali to Solang-Naggar and back. Overnight in a luxury hotel.
|DAY 3||Cycle 42km from Manali to Marhi. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 4||Cycle 78km from Marhi to the Rohtang Pass, Grampu Khoksar, Sissu and Tandi. Overnight in a hotel.|
|DAY 5||Cycle 48km from Tandi to Jispa and Patseo. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 6||Cycle 58km from Patseo to Baralacha La Pass, Bharatpur and Sarchu. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 7||Acclimatisation day in Sarchu. Explore the area by foot. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 8||Cycle 56km from Sarchu to Gata Loops, Nakeela Pass and Whisky Nullah. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 9||Cycle 82km from Whisky Nullah to Lachalang La, Pang, Moray Plains and Tsoksar Lake. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 10||Cycle 60km from Tsoksar Lake to Tanglang La Rumptse. Camping overnight.|
|DAY 11||Cycle 80km from Rumptse to Upshi and Leh. Overnight at a luxury hotel.|
|DAY 12||Acclimatisation day in Leh. Explore the local area by foot. Overnight at luxury hotel.|
|DAY 13||Return 39km cycle from Leh to the Khardung La Pass. Overnight in Leh at luxury hotel. *Best Life Adventure Ends*|
|DAY 14||Hotel checkout. Shuttle to Leh airport. Flights and additional accommodation at your arrangement.|
|This itinerary is subject to change.|
- Private bus journey from Delhi to Manali (start of tour)
- Hire of Scott 27.5er or Trek 4500 26er for expedition
- A complete support team (including Ben Southall – Expedition Leader, guide, driver, cook, mechanic and helpers)
- SUV/Mini Bus support vehicle (backup vehicle for fatigued riders and their bikes)
- All accommodation as listed in the ‘quick itinerary’ (twin share hotels and 2 people per 3-man tent when camping unless you are happy to pay extra for a private room)
- Kitchen tent, dining tent, sleeping bags, and access to charging facilities during tour
- All main meals, snacks and filtered water from the morning of the 13th August until the morning of the 25th of August (inclusive)
- Inner Line Permits and entrance fees
- Private bus service from Delhi – Manali (fixed departure time/day)
- Expedition photos
- Expedition T-shirt and hoodie
- International flights, and domestic flight from Leh – Delhi
- Travel Insurance and Visa
- Personal expenses/souvenirs/shopping/tips for the staff
- Additional meals in restaurants, cafes etc, private entrance to museums and sights
- Bike rental if you choose to ride on extra days
- Any cost to repair damages done to your bike apart from basic wear and tear