Ride the World’s Highest Road (Motorcycle)
When to Go
The Manali – Leh Highway is not only the world’s highest road, it’s also the most beautiful place on earth – a big call, we know. This high-altitude course is like a playground for the gods; ever-changing, yet eternally spectacular.
The journey from Manali to Leh is truly thrilling, with the ‘highway to heaven’ being dubbed one of the most challenging roads in the world. Water-crossings, hairpin bends, dusty dirt tracks, knuckle-biting drop-offs and snowfall are just the beginning. The experience is equal parts character-building and awe-inspiring.
We’ve added Refund Protect, a completely no-risk add-on for ALL of our Best Life Adventures that will refund you 100% of the value of your adventure with us, should you need to cancel for any valid reason right up to the moment you’re adventure commences.
If you suddenly get struck down by illness, need to isolate, the government shuts down the border or a plethora of other reasons – you’ll get 100% of the value of your adventure back…within 48 hours.
When you book your adventure with us simply add the ‘Refundable Booking’ option to your expedition, it’ll cover your ass if things go pear-shaped in the two months leading up to your trip. To find out all about it visit the Refund Protect website and then get yourself signed up for a magnificent adventure with us.
Please also check their Terms & Conditions to ensure you’re fully aware of what they will and won’t cover.
As advice, as ever, is to also take out personal travel insurance within seven days of booking any adventure with us, which will ensure you are covered for the time between booking your adventure with us, and when the refundable booking protection kicks in.
|DAY 1||Private bus transfer from Delhi to Manali.|
|DAY 2||Expedition briefing and bike collection. Short 60km familiarisation ride from Manali to Solang-Naggar and back. Overnight at 5* luxury hotel.|
|DAY 3||Ride 137km from Manali to Rohtang Pass and Jispa. Camp overnight.|
|DAY 4||Ride 192km from Jispa to Darcha Baralacha La, Sarchu and Tsoker. Camp overnight.|
|DAY 5||Ride 144km from Tsoker to Pang, Tanglang La Rumtse and Leh. Overnight at 5* luxury hotel – Leh.|
|DAY 6||Return ride from Leh to Magnetic Hill and Shanti Stupa. Overnight at 5* luxury hotel – Leh.|
|DAY 7||Ride 115km from Leh to Khardungla and Nubra. Camp overnight.|
|DAY 8||Ride 180km from Nubra to Pangong Tso. Camp overnight.|
|DAY 9||Ride 135km from Pangong Tso to Leh. Overnight at a luxury hotel.|
|DAY 10||Ride 252km from Leh to Pang and Sarchu. Camp overnight.|
|DAY 11||Ride 222km from Sarchu to Jispa, Keylong and Manali. Overnight luxury hotel.|
|DAY 12||Hotel checkout. Morning flight from Manali (Kulu Airport to Delhi).
*Best Life Adventure Ends*
|Further accommodation, flights and tours at your own cost.|
|*This itinerary is subject to change.|
Cost: $5800 Rider ($4500 Pillion).
- Private bus journey from Delhi to Manali (start and end of tour)
- Flight from Manali to Delhi, at the end of trip
- Royal Enfield 500cc motorbike
- All fuel throughout the expedition
- A complete support team (including an expedition leader, mechanic, helpers and backup riders)
- SUV/Mini Bus support vehicle (backup vehicle for fatigued riders and their bikes)
- All accommodation as listed in the ‘quick itinerary’ (twin share hotels and camping unless you are happy to pay extra for a private room)
- All main meals and snacks from the morning of the first day until the morning of the last day (inclusive)
- Inner Line Permits and entrance fees
- Expedition photos and video
- Expedition T-shirt and hoodie
- International flights
- Travel Insurance & Visa
- Personal expenses/souvenirs/shopping/tips for the staff
- Additional meals in restaurants, cafes etc, private entrance to museums and sights
- Bike rental if you choose to ride on extra days
- Any cost to repair damages done to your bike apart from basic wear and tear