2020 Tri-Nation Arctic Challenge
When to Go
14 – 21 January 2020
Intermediate to High
Born from our series of Extreme Dreams Challenges, the Tri-Nation Arctic Challenge is quickly becoming one of our most popular signature expeditions. Taking us to the nexus of Norway, Finland and Sweden, it sees us snow-shoe and dog-sled our way through the dramatic Arctic tundra, with little more than the Aurora Borealis to guide our way. This expedition isn’t for the feint-hearted and it certainly won’t be found in any travel brochure. It’s raw, off-the-grid stuff – the kind that reconnects you with nature in all of her awesomeness, feeds your curious mind with rare cultural encounters and ignites the fire in your soul to the core (trust us, you’re going to need that fire – it’s freezing out there!).
We’ll also enjoy a number of other mad experiences, which are best suited to the Arctic (think ice lake immersions and fishing in the snow followed by sauna sessions and ski shots to warm the cockles).
Then to end our week we spend time with the indigenous Sami people to hear their stories about survival in the winter wilderness and wrap it up with a day on the water for an Orca Whale Safari or kayak along the Fjords.
Day 1 – Meet in Tromsø, Norway
Day 2- Snowshoe to Rostahytta
Day 3 – Snowshoe to Gappohytta
Day 4 – Snowshoe to Goldahytta
Day 5 – Snowshoe to Kilpisjärvi
Day 6 – Dogsled Marathon
Day 7 – Dogsled Tour and Sami Camping Experience
Day 8 – Day of the Sun – Orca Safari or Kayak The Fjords
*This itinerary is subject to change.
Cost: $6,500 per person. Twin share in Tromsø, group accommodation in the wilderness cabins. (Single Supplement Price AU$750 paid in addition to above price for nights in Tromsø)
- All meals, snacks and drinks from the evening of the 14th January 2020 until the morning of the 22nd January 2020 (inclusive). Due to the nature of the expedition, we eat rehydrated meals during the snowshoeing activity.
- All activities including snowshoeing, dog sleds, whale safari/kayak tour and cable car.
- Hire of winter clothing; jackets, boots, trousers, hat and mittens, sled, poles, snowshoes and thermos flask.
- Transport between activities
- Expedition photos and video
- Expedition t-shirt, hoodie and duffle bag
- Flights into and out of Norway
- Travel Insurance & Visa (if required)
- Personal expenses/souvenirs/shopping
- Additional meals in restaurants, cafes etc, private entrance to museums and sights
- Additional rental gear
- Any cost to repair damages done to your rental equipment apart from basic wear and tear