EXTREME DREAMS: TRI-NATION ARCTIC CHALLENGE
When to Go
This is one seriously cool Best Life Adventure – in more ways than one. The magnetic magic of the Northern Lights has long been a drawcard to explore the frozen tundra of the Arctic Circle; hence, our Tri-Nation Arctic Challenge was born.
This Extreme Dreams expedition sees us power our way to the nexus of three snow-covered countries in the depths of winter, with the iconic Aurora Borealis to light our way.
Together, we tackle an endurance journey across the frozen wilderness towing our gear-laden Pukla (sled) between Norway, Sweden and Finland before resting up with the indigenous Sami people to hear stories about survival in the Arctic Circle.
To end our week, we climb aboard dog-sleds for a safari race across mountain ranges, carve through deep powder and race through snow-laden pine forests.
But, that’s only half of it. We’ll also enjoy a number of other mad experiences, which are best suited to the Arctic (think ice lake immersions and fishing in the snow followed by sauna sessions and ski shots to warm the cockles).
This will be a true challenge of the mind and body for us all. To step away from comfort and take on something new is the epitome of adventure, right? Who knows what we’ll find when we get out there.
Physically, this is one of the toughest expeditions you’ll ever take on. So, grab your down jacket, find your winter gloves, chuck on your snowshoes (we provide all of these don’t worry) and embark on the adventure of a lifetime.
See you in Norway!
KEEP #EXTREMEDREAMING OFFER – $50 ‘HOLDING’ FEE
Until 31st March 2021, we’re offering you the chance to book selected 2022 international expeditions for just a $50 holding fee so you can plan and book your adventure with minimum outlay and risk.
If you’re one of the first 20 people to take advantage of the offer, we’ll send you a free limited-edition Best Life Adventures t-shirt to remind you how much we love you and to help keep your Extreme Dream alive.
*Read more about payment terms in the “Costs” tab of the table below.
|DAY 1||Meet in Tromsø, Norway. Group welcome dinner.|
|DAY 2||Snowshoe to wilderness hut #1|
|DAY 3||Explore the frozen tundra|
|DAY 4||Snowshoe to wilderness hut #2|
|DAY 5||Snowshoe to Sámi Reindeer Ranch|
|DAY 6||Remote Sámi Adventure Experience|
|DAY 7||Dogsled Training|
|DAY 8||Dog Sled Marathon. Farewell dinner in Tromsø|
Approx $6,700AUD per person. Twin-share in Tromsø, group accommodation in the wilderness cabins. (Single Supplement Price AU$750 paid in addition to above price for nights in Tromsø)
Our Keep #ExtremeDreaming Offer applies to this expedition and runs until 31st March 2021. Follow the steps below:
- Register for this expedition via the APPLY NOW button below. You then have 7 days to pay your $50AUD Holding Fee.
- Your 20% non-refundable Booking Fee is due 6 months from the start of the expedition.
- Your Balance Due must be paid 60 days prior to departure or your deposit will be forfeit.
- All meals, snacks and drinks from the evening of the 12th January 2022 until the morning of the 19th January 2022 (inclusive). Due to the nature of the expedition, we eat rehydrated meals during the snowshoeing activity.
- All activities including snowshoeing, dog sleds, whale safari/kayak tour.
- Hire of winter clothing; jackets, boots, trousers, hat and mittens, sled, poles, snowshoes and a thermos flask.
- Transport between activities
- Expedition photos and video
- Expedition t-shirt, buff and duffle bag
- Flights into and out of Norway
- Travel Insurance & Visa (if required)
- Personal expenses/souvenirs/shopping
- Additional meals in restaurants, cafes etc, private entrance to museums and sights
- Additional rental gear
- Any cost to repair damages done to your rental equipment apart from basic wear and tear
- Flights: Best Life Adventures does NOT include flights into and out of Norway. You will need to book these, details will be provided after you register. We recommend looking at Skyscanner for an idea of times and prices.
- Hire of winter clothing including jackets, boots, trousers, hat and mittens, sled, poles, snowshoes and a thermos flask is included. Additional rental gear as required is at your expense.
Dietary Requirements: We can cater for some food allergies or vegetarians if you specify your dietary requirements under the Edit Profile link in the upper right.
Insurance: You MUST have travel insurance. Instructions will be provided after you register.